We're thrilled to share Rebecca Ringquist's Embroidery Workshops with you—out today—and we're sure you'll see why from this post!
Based on her popular classes taught around the country, embroideress extraordinaire Rebecca Ringquist is leading a revival of the popular craft, but it's not the dusty old embroidery of generations past. Displaying projects with bright, vivid hues and intricately layered stitches, this is a refreshing new resource for both standard and out-of-the-box techniques.
For the embroiderer (or novice!) who appreciates the value of beautiful stitches but also likes to break a few rules along the way, Rebecca teaches everything from the “proper” way to form a French knot and transfer a design to a canvas, to new ways to stitch three-dimensionally, mix and match machine- and hand-stitching, and so much more.
Also featured are instructions for 20 innovative projects, including a cloth sampler designed especially for the book (and packaged in an envelope at the back), table linens, wall art, and clothing embellishments.
For any NY-based readers, don't miss Rebecca's NY launch at The City Quilter (133 W. 25th St, NYC) on May 5th from 6 - 7 pm! More info.
Giveaway Alert: We're also thrilled to give all of you a chance to win this amazing embroidery gift pack-- an awesome starter kit for the beginner embroiderer, or a great set of goodies for the experienced stitcher. *Three* lucky winners will receive this gift pack featuring the following items:
- One Pack of Super Solvy Water-Soluble Transfer Material
- One Sulky Transfer Marker
- One Pack of DMC Embroidery floss
- One Pair of DMC Embroidery Scissors
- One DMC Embroidery Floss Organizer
- Three packs of Clover Embroidery Needles
- One Clover Disappearing Ink Marker
- One Pack of Clover Flower Head Pins
- One Pack of Weeks Dye Works Embroidery Floss
- One Pack of Weeks Dye Works 2 Strand Floss
- One Pack of Weeks Dye Works Perle Cotton
- One Skein of DyedFiber Perle Tencel
- One Dropcloth Sampler "Pysanka"
- Three 3-month Creativebug subscriptions for you + some friends (check out Rebecca's classes here)
- One copy of Rebecca Ringquist's Embroidery Workshops
To enter: just comment in the blog below (tell us why you should win!), and follow STC Craft (@STC_Craft), Rebecca Ringquist (@dropcloth) and Clover USA (@cloverusa) on instagram between now and April 21st!
The fine print: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. who are 18 or older as of date of entry between April 14 and 21, 2015. To enter, comment on this blog post and follow STC Craft (@STC_Craft), Rebecca Ringquist (@dropcloth) and Clover USA (@cloverusa) on instagram from April 14 – 21, 2015. Limit one (1) entry per person. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m.ET on April 21, 2015. Three (3) winners shall be selected in a random drawing to receive an embroidery prize pack.Visit http://www.abramsbooks.com/RREW_STCblog_rules.html for full official rules. Void where prohibited.